HorecaMarket.Global considers the privacy and protection of its clients’ personal data to be of upmost importance. To ensure that you feel confident about providing us with your personal information when communicating with us and using our services, we outline below our practices in relation to the collection and use of personal data.
1. Respecting your privacy
HorecaMarket.Global is committed to compliance with privacy laws which apply to its businesses and which set out standards for the management of personal information. This policy outlines our personal information management practices. Specifically:
- the kinds of personal information we collect and hold;
- how we collect and hold it;
- the purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose it;
- your right to access and seek correction of it;
- how you may complain about privacy matters; and
- our sharing of your personal information overseas.
There are some matters to which this policy does not apply. These are referred to below (see clause 9 below).
2. What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
During the Account Application Process, we may require and collect additional security information, such as Driver’s License, Passport Number, Challenge Questions and Answers.
We will use this information to confirm your ID if you are unable to provide your password.
The personal information we collect and hold is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is of the following kinds:
- your personal details such as your name, addresses, telephone numbers, age and gender;
- your customer reference number
- whether you have taken up some of our other offerings, such as our mobile applications;
- whether you have a connection with others whose personal information we may collect or hold, for example customers and or users who may be linked to your account;
- what, how and when you buy/sell from/through us or have expressed an interest in buying/sell from/through us;
- your stated or likely preferences, for example whether you may be interested in particular products or promotions.
Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may collect and hold other types of personal information. For example, information collected and held via our secure financial systems about the debit or credit card you might use for your purchases from us.
You generally have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym when dealing with us. But not where this is impractical (for example when you shop online with or sell through us) or where the law or a court order provides otherwise.
3. How do we collect and hold personal information?
Collection of personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you register with us, for example to create an account, to become a member of one of our clubs or loyalty programs or to send you information;
- you communicate with us online;
- you take part in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys and focus groups;
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided such as when you make a lay-by, contact one of our call centres or bring a claim against us.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you in order to learn more about your likely preferences and interests. When you visit our websites, social media pages or mobile applications or click on our advertisements on the online media of other companies, we may collect information about you using technology which is not apparent to you, for example “cookies”.
What about “cookies”?
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent by a web server and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive so it can later be read back from that browser. This allows your browser to remember some specific information. Our cookies enable us to store items in your shopping cart and to identify you on return visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. However, while most of the content of our web site can be viewed without accepting cookies, the shopping facility and Members Only features of the site will not function properly when cookies are disabled.
Most of the personal information we collect and hold about you is from your direct dealings with us. We may sometimes collect your personal information other than from you directly. For example from other suppliers who, in common with us, have a relationship with you.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers. In all cases, we have rigorous information security requirements aimed at eliminating risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alteration of, personal information.
4. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
When we collect, hold and use your personal information, we do so primarily to sell and promote our goods and services to you and to improve on the range of our offerings. For example:
- to learn of your likely preferences so that we may promote our goods and services to you in a way which may be of most interest to you; and
- to assist in investigating your complaints and enquiries.
We disclose personal information we collect for purposes which are incidental to the sale and promotion of our goods and services to you. For example, we may disclose your personal information within our business, to service providers who assist us in our day-to-day business operations and as part of buying or selling our businesses, including their goodwill.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
When marketing to you, your personal information is only ever used or disclosed for HorecaMarket.Global own purposes. You may opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will tell you how to do this.
We may de-identify your personal information. We may do this for use and disclosure of the anonymous data to determine preferences and shopping patterns.
5. How can you enquire about, access and correct your personal information?
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). If you wish to access your personal information or have an enquiry about privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer at: privacy@Horecamarket.global
Alternatively, you can write to us at:
Level 2, 63 Dixon Street, NSW 2000, Australia
Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity. We may charge a reasonable fee for giving access to your personal information if your request requires substantial effort on our part.
Corrections Required? : If you need to correct your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points.
6. How can you complain about our management of personal information?
If you wish to complain about a breach of the privacy rules that bind us, you may contact our Privacy Officer at one of the above contact points. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it.
We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate.
Our Privacy Officer will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our Privacy Officer will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our Privacy Officer does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our Privacy Officer will inform you that your complaint may be referred to the Privacy Commissioner for further investigation and will provide you with the Commissioner’s contact details.
7. Our sharing of your personal information overseas
It is our policy to require all of our overseas sharing of personal information to be done in a way which requires observance of strict privacy and security standards, both during transit and at the overseas destination.
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in; and
- for disclosures between our group companies.
- when our business which collected your personal information is in a different country to your location;
- when our supply to you necessarily involves overseas disclosures; such as global insurance providers
- where you are involved with public liability issues concerning a product we may disclose your personal information to any overseas supplier of such a product in the course of managing those issues
9. Other privacy terms and limits of this policy
This is a policy.
10. More information
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Privacy Commissioner. The Privacy Commissioner may be contacted at www.oaic.gov.au (email – email@example.com) (Australia).
Other points on Privacy
1. Legal Capacity
You must have legal capacity including being over the age of 18 to use HorecaMarket.Global services.
2. Membership ID and Password
You are responsible for your Member ID and Password. You must keep them confidential. Do not disclose them to third parties. If you are concerned about the security of your Member ID contact us to change it. You can change your Password yourself on this site at My Account/ My Profile.
3. Credit Worthiness
HorecaMarket.Global, its employees and agents, may from time to time need to make enquiries to investigate your credit worthiness including the making of enquiries of persons nominated as trade referees, bankers or other credit providers. You hereby authorise such persons to disclose to HorecaMarket.Global such information concerning your credit worthiness which is within their possession and which is requested by HorecaMarket.Global.
HorecaMarket.Global uses current industry standard security practices to operate its systems including its website. We use the latest 128-bit digitally signed SSL certificated security. Credit card details are encrypted during transmission. We use our best endeavours to ensure the security of any personal information that you provide to us.
5. Third Party Web Sites
Our Website may contain links to other Websites that are not operated by HorecaMarket.Global. HorecaMarket.Global is not responsible for the privacy practices of Websites that it does not operate.
Last updated: 23.03.2021